trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Owhadi <eric.owh...@esgyn.com>
Subject computeHBaseRowSizeFromMetaData and Align format?
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2015 21:00:30 GMT
Hi everyone,

Unit testing small scanner feature, I wanted to check if the row size
evaluation logic was OK with Align format.

Stepping through the code I see that the function that computes the row
size from Meta data is giving the exact same value for align format and
standard format. That does not look correct.

Here are the 2 tables used:

Create table t1311k (uniq int not null, c1000 int, str1 varchar(4000),
primary key (uniq));

Create table t1311kalign (uniq int not null, c1000 int, str1 varchar(4000),
primary key (uniq)) attribute aligned format;

For both tables computeHBaseRowSizeFromMetaData return 4015.

This has an impact on several optimizations using this function. Small
Scanner is just an additional one.

Am I guessing right that this function should return different value
(smaller) for align format?

Thanks in advance for the help,

Eric