trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Birdsall <dave.birds...@esgyn.com>
Subject RE: New version of proposed web site
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2015 19:28:58 GMT
Hi Gunnar,

I don't know the answers to your questions re: DCS, REST, replacing the
current website. Sorry I'm not much help there.

Some feedback on the proposed web site:

1. I love it! You've done an enormous amount of work.

2. I hate the animation on the index.html page. Just when I'm looking
carefully at one of the pictures, it moves away and another takes its place.
I click on the arrows to bring the desired picture back. But again it moves.
I wish it would stop. (FWIW I'm using the Chrome browser.)

3. faq.html: The first section needs minor updating. HP Labs is no longer
involved (though we are grateful for their early support). Possible
wordsmith: "What is Apache Trafodion?" / "Apache Trafodion is an open source
initiative originally cultivated by HP Labs to develop..."

The section, "Is there a transaction log and can the log be shipped to a DR
site?" needs updating. I don't think we use two logs anymore. Perhaps one of
the transaction manager folks can comment. There is a commercial solution
available now for DR on Trafodion but I don't know if it is appropriate to
mention that here. Perhaps something like, "Trafodion itself does not
support shipping and replaying logs..."

But this is low-level detail that can be updated after your new web site is
live.

Dave