trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Birdsall <dave.birds...@esgyn.com>
Subject RE: TM native code question
Date Fri, 11 Dec 2015 01:07:27 GMT
Hi,

I think I answered my own question. The C++ name of the Java native method
registerRegion in TransactionState.java is (get ready for it):
Java_org_apache_hadoop_hbase_client_transactional_TransactionState_registerRegion

Thanks,

Dave

*From:* Dave Birdsall [mailto:dave.birdsall@esgyn.com]
*Sent:* Thursday, December 10, 2015 4:55 PM
*To:* 'dev@trafodion.incubator.apache.org' <
dev@trafodion.incubator.apache.org>
*Subject:* TM native code question

Hi,

I’m debugging a JVM crash in sqlci that occurs when I try to populate a
table using UPSERT.

I’ve narrowed it down to the point where I know the crash happens at this
line in the registerRegion method of TransactionState.java:

registerRegion(transactionId, startId, lv_port, lv_hostname, lv_startcode,
lv_byte_region_info);

Now, this method is a native method, so I’d like to switch back to gdb and
put breakpoint at this method.

But what’s the name of this method? I guessed it might be
CHbaseTM::registerRegion, as defined in
i$MY_SQROOT/src/seatrans/tm/hbasetmlib2/hbasetm.h.

However, when I go into gdb and attempt to set a breakpoint there, it
claims no such method exists.

What’s the correct name of this method in gdb?

Thanks,

Dave