trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Birdsall <dave.birds...@esgyn.com>
Subject Zookeeper blues
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2015 23:36:59 GMT
Hi,

I’m trying to test some UPDATE STATISTICS issues on a workstation. One
problem I keep running into is the HMaster dying during long queries.
Looking at the HBase logs, it appears to be zookeeper timeouts.

I am running on a single node VM, using the “install_local_hadoop” (that
is, HBase in standalone mode).

I’ve tried adding the following to
$MY_SQROOT/sql/local_hadoop/hbase-0.98.6-cdh5.3.0/conf/hbase-site.xml:

  <property>

    <name>zookeeper.session.timeout</name>

    <value>600000</value>

  </property>

  <property>
    <name>zookeeper.session.timeout.localHBaseCluster</name>
    <value>600000</value>
  </property>

  <property>

    <name>hbase.zookeeper.property.maxClientCnxns</name>

    <value>0</value>

  </property>

No luck.

What are other people doing to keep HBase up on workstations during long
queries?

Thanks,

Dave