trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Owhadi <eric.owh...@esgyn.com>
Subject a pointer would be appreciated:
Date Sat, 19 Dec 2015 01:15:07 GMT
I am struggling with the last 2 regression issue on the pushdown V2
implementation.

I am having issue with core/test029

I should be aiming at this:

>>update T29xv3 set r=0,d=0 where r=9;

*** ERROR[8105] The operation is prevented by the check option on view
TRAFODION.SCH.T29XV3.

--- 0 row(s) updated.

>>           -- violates v1 cascaded WCO

But I am getting:

>>update T29xv3 set r=0,d=0 where r=9;

--- 0 row(s) updated.

>>           -- violates v1 cascaded WCO

When I use old predicate push down, or no predicate push down I am getting
the right behavior. When I enable my new code I fail to get the error
message.

A showplan on both would give the exact same thing. And manually performing
the equivalent select I can see in the explain shows the exact same result
with my new predicate mode, vs the old one. My code is optimized to
retrieve less column than previous one, so I was suspecting this as being
the guilty part, but hacking the code to put back same columns in the
return set of the scan object still give me same problemā€¦

So I am not sure what to look next, I was thinking putting debugger on
where this error message is coming from and back trace where the code
divergeā€¦ Any idea where this error message coming from so I can set my
break point somewhere close to what this code is doing?

Thanks in advance for the help,
Eric