trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Gunnar Tapper <tapper.gun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Please Review: Client Installation Guide Web Book
Date Sat, 19 Dec 2015 23:06:03 GMT
Hi,

I've uploaded a first PDF version of the Client Installation Guide at:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxlwNhWxn8iTWGJBOW9kVXQ0WGM

This version is missing pictures since the PDF converted doesn't seem to
like .png format. I will try to convert the pictures to .jpg to see if that
makes a difference.

The formatting of the PDF isn't perfect; I need to figure out if there's a
way to override the default stylesheet.

Thanks,

Gunnar

On Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 11:01 PM, Gunnar Tapper <tapper.gunnar@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I've ported the Client Installation Guide from Microsoft Word to asciidoc.
> This allows us to provide documentation as a web page, PDF, etc.
>
> Please download the Web Book from:
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxlwNhWxn8iTYWhHWWN2ckVXV2M
>
> Unzip the file and open the Web Book by clicking on the index.html file.
>
> NOTE: This is a port to enable future contribution. Thus, I have NOT
> provided Windows 10 instructions.
>
> I'm working on generating a PDF file next. Meanwhile, I'm hoping that both
> Trafodion developers and users can glance through the web book to get a
> general feel for the format and to verify things such as links.
>
> --
> Thanks,
>
> Gunnar

Thanks,