trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Broeder <sean.broe...@esgyn.com>
Subject RE: Test hanging
Date Mon, 25 Jan 2016 19:14:47 GMT
Thanks Hans,
I'm trying a suggestion to add a property to the mapred-site.xml file -
…
     <property>
         <name>mapreduce.framework.name</name>
         <value>local</value>  == from yarn to local
     </property>
…

I've restarted all and am waiting to see if the condition hits again.

Regards,
Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Hans Zeller [mailto:hans.zeller@esgyn.com]
Sent: Monday, January 25, 2016 11:09 AM
To: dev <dev@trafodion.incubator.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Test hanging

Hi Sean, this is probably related to MapReduce, this particular statement
will start MapReduce jobs. You can check whether Yarn and the other required
Hadoop components are up, or just try restarting your Hadoop environment.
You can also look at the Yarn web page to see whether you have any stuck
requests. If you use install_local_hadoop, open page
$MY_SQROOT/sql/scripts/swurls.html to get to the Yarn GUI.

Hans