trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Roberta Marton <roberta.mar...@esgyn.com>
Subject Apache Trafodion release
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2016 16:10:29 GMT
My term as Release Manager for Apache Trafodion release 1.3.0 has been
completed.  Kudos to everyone who made it possible.

The Apache Trafodion team is now planning its next release and is looking
for input from the community. We would like to release the next version of
Trafodion in 6 to 8 weeks. To make this happen, we would like:

1.       Someone to volunteer to be the Release Manager

2.       Advice in determining release content.  The following are some
suggestions, please reply with any comments, additions or deletions?

a.       Release binaries along with the source tar file

b.      Build and run on Vanilla Apache releases (TRAFODION-1484). Any
recommendations on what versions we should target?  Hadoop release 2.6.?
and HBase 1.1.?

c.       Fix the licensing issues requested by the IPMC team during our
last release

                                                               i.
TRAFODION-1725
– Missing license information

                                                             ii.
TRAFODION-1733
- Incorrect information included in LICENSE file

                                                            iii.
TRAFODION-1734
– Improvements to licensing information

                                                           iv.
TRAFODION-1735
– Verify copyright information for files changed by Trafodion

d.      Improve the build process – some candidates:

                                                               i.
TRAFODION-1522
– Consolidate HBase version requirements in Trafodion build

                                                             ii.
TRAFODION-1614
– Improve performance of traf_tools_setup script

                                                            iii.
TRAFODION-1704
– T2 and T4 driver cleanup

                                                           iv.
TRAFODION-1749
– Unable to build or run Trafodion because of missing log4cxx files

                                                             v.      (no
JIRA) Fix problem with parallel builds

3.       Versioning guidelines.  What should our new release version be?
Apache products seem to implement different ways of versioning their
releases.  Some suggestions for the next release:

a.       1.3.5

b.      1.4.0

c.       2.0.0

   Regards,