trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Owhadi <eric.owh...@esgyn.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Change the default setting of ALLOW_NULLABLE_UNIQUE_KEY_CONSTRAINT to ON
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2016 21:51:24 GMT
To put some argument on this, I believe it is very important to allow
maximum flexibility on primary key columns given the restriction on STORE BY
that can only take columns in the primary key. This drives horizontal
partitioning, and we cannot assume that the best dimension for horizontal
partitioning will always be non nullable.
Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: Suresh Subbiah [mailto:suresh.subbiah60@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 2, 2016 3:37 PM
To: dev@trafodion.incubator.apache.org
Subject: [DISCUSS] Change the default setting of
ALLOW_NULLABLE_UNIQUE_KEY_CONSTRAINT to ON

Hi,

Do you foresee potential problems if  we change the default setting for
ALLOW_NULLABLE_UNIQUE_KEY_CONSTRAINT to ON. ?
It does seem that users are asking for using and setting this CQD in their
individual applications.
Other than JIRA 1801, there are no known issues when this attribute is set
to ON.
Having the default set to ON could make Trafodion easier to use.

I can file a JIRA if there is agreement or if we think the discussion should
be moved to a JIRA.

Thank you
Suresh