trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Birdsall <dave.birds...@esgyn.com>
Subject sqgen etc.
Date Fri, 19 Feb 2016 18:16:39 GMT
Hi,

I frequently forget to do an sqgen when setting up a new workstation
instance. And sometimes forget to do the install_traf_components step too.
Which costs me time as I stop to figure out what I’m doing wrong then find
my place in the rote recipe in the Trafodion Contributor’s Guide.

I’m wondering though: Is it really necessary for these to be separate
steps? For example, could install_traf_components be combined with
install_local_hadoop? Or perhaps combine both install_traf_components and
sqgen with sqstart? This would simplify setting up a development
environment.

Thanks,

Dave