trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Birdsall <dave.birds...@esgyn.com>
Subject initialize trafodion after upgrade
Date Tue, 09 Feb 2016 20:02:32 GMT
Hi,

This morning I brought an existing development instance up-to-date (did the
git fetch –all, and created a new branch, did an sqstop, make clean, make
all).

When I brought the instance back up, it complained that I needed to do an
initialize trafodion, drop + an initialize trafodion.

I did the initialize trafodion, drop without problems.

But the initialize  trafodion fails as follows:

Apache Trafodion Conversational Interface 2.0.0

Copyright (c) 2015 Apache Software Foundation

>>initialize trafodion;

*** ERROR[8448] Unable to access Hbase interface. Call to
ExpHbaseInterface::create() returned error HBASE_CREATE_ERROR(701). Cause:

java.lang.NullPointerException

java.lang.String.contains(String.java:2076)

org.trafodion.sql.CoprocessorUtils.addCoprocessor(CoprocessorUtils.java:76)

org.trafodion.sql.HBaseClient.createk(HBaseClient.java:490)

.

--- SQL operation failed with errors.

>>exit;

So, I’m guessing the coprocessor jars need to be brought up-to-date. Is
there a convenient script to do this? Or must I bite the bullet and do a
swuninstall + install_local_hadoop?

Thanks,

Dave