trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Nitin Lamba <ni...@ampool.io>
Subject Re: build Trafodion with jdk 1.8 failed
Date Sat, 06 Feb 2016 18:14:18 GMT
Oracle JDK 1.8 introduced strict javadoc checking so it scans all the comments for potential
errors - seems this is one of those.

If you rerun the compile within the ant build but with an additional command-line option '-Xdoclint:none',
you may be able to get past this error.

- Nitin

From: Liu, Ming (Ming) <ming.liu@esgyn.cn>
Sent: Friday, February 5, 2016 10:13 PM
To: dev@trafodion.incubator.apache.org
Subject: build Trafodion with jdk 1.8 failed

Hi, all,

I am trying to build Trafodion with Oracle JDK 1.8, and it failed first with ANT classpath
issue, it is easy to fix.
Then it seems I meet a strange Java programming issue, not sure if I miss something. Ask for
more help :

The error message is like:

[ERROR] ^  ##(DCS)
[ERROR] /home/liuliumi/incubator-trafodion/dcs/src/main/java/org/trafodion/dcs/rest/model/WorkloadListModel.java:38:
error: no tag name after @  ##(DCS)
[ERROR] * @@@ START COPYRIGHT @@@  ##(DCS)
[ERROR] ^  ##(DCS)

The line 38 is copyright text, and within a /* */ comments, no idea why Java report an ERROR.
Did I miss something? I cannot find much on internet about 'no tag name after' issue in java.

Just a try, to see how many issues are there.
HBase 1.2 will support JDK 8. Maybe Trafodion team should also do some research now?

Thanks,
Ming