trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Gunnar Tapper <tapper.gun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop Configuration Changes
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2016 04:24:03 GMT
Hi,

Any change in the Hadoop/HDFS/HBase environment that impacts Trafodion's
understanding of the underlying environment, especially considering that
Trafodion keeps a local copy of hbase-site.xml in /usr/lib/trafodion.

#Copy hbase-site.xml file
sudo cp /etc/hbase/conf/hbase-site.xml $HOME
sudo chown $(whoami).$(whoami) $HOME/hbase-site.xml
sudo chmod 777 $HOME/hbase-site.xml

sudo cp $HOME/hbase-site.xml $TRAF_WORKDIR
sudo chown trafodion.trafodion $TRAF_WORKDIR/hbase-site.xml

Overall, I am wondering whether it's necessary to rerun the Trafodion
Installer for any other reason than a new software version? I don't
understand whether any information in hbase-site.xml impacts runtime but
the code above makes me wonder about the relationship between HBase
configuration changes and impact on Trafodion.

Related, I'm trying to understand how an upgrade from one release to
another happens of there are changes to the Trafodion Installer. From what
I understand, the upgrade must be done from the same node as the initial
install was made because /etc/trafodion and /usr/bin/trafodion contains
more information than on the other nodes?

Other than that, you can download a new binary file for both the installer
and the server code, run the installer, and upgrade will occur. If you used
a --config_file, then you reuse it. Can you change it to combine a
configuration change; for example, add new nodes?

Gunnar

--
Thanks,

Gunnar