trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Gunnar Tapper <tapper.gun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Build failures
Date Fri, 26 Feb 2016 23:43:04 GMT
Oops, Ken isn't on this DL. As it turns out, saving the .ai file in .svg
format doesn't work well since it messes up the font. So, I downloaded
Inkscape (free tool, GPL) to verify that it can import .ai files for
editing. That worked just fine even though I don't have the correct fonts
installed on my system.

Conclusion: storing the logo source files in .ai format does not pose a
problem.

However, I STRONGLY suggest a separate repository for these type of
objects. For example, the artwork used for the carousel on the front page
and upcoming presentation templates.

Thanks,

Gunnar

On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 1:03 PM, Gunnar Tapper <tapper.gunnar@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Ken will have to answer that question since he provided the .ai files.
>
> On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 12:14 PM, Steve Varnau <steve.varnau@esgyn.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I don't know much about working with graphics, so let me ask naïve
>> question.
>>
>> Is ai format an open format that will be useable by folks that don't have
>> Adobe Illustrator?
>> Is there a more open format we could use? SVG?
>>
>> --Steve

PDF. It is

I see

>> > --
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > Gunnar
>> > *If you think you can you can, if you think you can't you're right.*
>>

> --
> Thanks,
>
> Gunnar

Thanks,