trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Gunnar Tapper <tapper.gun...@gmail.com>
Subject Where do I start if I want to contribute?
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2016 17:48:06 GMT
Hi,

One of the cool things with Trafodion is that it offers people with
different skillsets to contribute. But, we don't yet help people understand
where to start.

I'd like to offer some guidance in this area based on skills exposing where
the project needs help based on skills. Therefore, it'd be great if you
could help provide info where you'd start contributing:

   - Java Developer:
   - Script Developer (shell, Perl, ?):
   - C++ Developer:
   - Test Developer:
   - Website Developer: We're open to new ideas for the website, new
   graphics, etc. If you are a well-versed in stylesheets and asciidoc, then
   we could really use your help.
   - Writer: Trafodion has a large set of documentation, which is growing.
   We need help content and editorial help as well as help with transposing
   design documents into user documentation.
   - Educator: Trafodion is incredibly function rich. If you like to learn
   and teach new stuff in a video format, please join the team!
   - <what did I miss?>

Overall, Trafodion is a large product. People need help knowing where to
start beyond "take on a Jira and fix it."

--
Thanks,

Gunnar