trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Gunnar Tapper <tapper.gun...@gmail.com>
Subject HBase Directories
Date Fri, 12 Feb 2016 06:17:34 GMT
Hi,

I’m trying to understand the usage of the following HBase directories:

·         */hbase-staging*: Directory where staging files are written to
during bulk load. Bulk load bypasses the write-ahead log to enable faster
HBase tables directly. Refer to
https://hbase.apache.org/book.html#arch.bulk.load for more information.

·         */bulkload: *I got nothing.

·         */lobs: *Obviously, related to large-object processing but how?

Also, these directory names are hard-coded in the installer. Are they
hardcoded elsewhere or could they; for example, be prefixed with
“trafodion-“ in a future release?

·         /trafodion-hbase-staging

·         /trafodion-bulkload

·         /trafodion-lobs

OOverall, I'd recommend that directories and other objects use a prefix to
reduce the likelihood of colliding with existing names.

--
Thanks,

Gunnar