trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Amanda Moran <amanda.mo...@esgyn.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop Configuration Changes
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2016 05:10:25 GMT
HI there Gunnar-

hbase-site.xml is only there to get the number of and name of the zookeeper
nodes (look at dcs-installer and you will see how it is used). This file
can be deleted after its used, but figured it wouldn't hurt to keep it
around.

 From what
I understand, the upgrade must be done from the same node as the initial
install was made because /etc/trafodion and /usr/bin/trafodion contains
more information than on the other nodes?

It shouldn't "have to be" everything should be current on all nodes in
regards to /etc/trafodion and /usr/bin/trafodion. With that said, I believe
we normally test this way ... so there may be bugs.

a --config_file, then you reuse it. Can you change it to combine a
configuration change; for example, add new nodes?

Yes, absolutely.

Thanks,

Amanda Moran