trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Birdsall <dave.birds...@esgyn.com>
Subject RE: investigating parallel scanner
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2016 23:08:26 GMT
Hi,

I don't know about a flag.

MDAM, however, does assume that it is scanning things in order, so if MDAM
is present that's a clue.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Owhadi [mailto:eric.owhadi@esgyn.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2016 3:41 PM
To: dev@trafodion.incubator.apache.org
Subject: investigating parallel scanner

Hello Trafodioneers,

In order to implement a parallel scanner, that would scan regions of a table
in parallel, but consequently will not return the rows in order, I was
hunting for a flag somewhere, I would have guessed in ComTdbHbaseAccess,
that would tell me if the return order is important or not on a scan
operator, so that I know if parallel scanner is a candidate, or if it is
forbidden.

But so far, have not been able to locate such a flag.

Any idea if it exist, and if yes where is it?

Thanks in advance for the help,

Eric