trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Gunnar Tapper <tapper.gun...@gmail.com>
Subject Test Environment: What Limits Matter?
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2016 17:38:12 GMT
Hi,

What limits truly matter to run Trafodion and localhadoop? The Contributor
Guide is a bit terse on the subject. So far, I've come up with the
following for /etc/security/limits.conf:

*                soft    nproc           267263
*                hard    nproc           267263
*                soft    nofile          32000
*                hard    nofile          32000
*                soft    sigpending      unlimited
*                hard    sigpending      unlimited
*                soft    memlock         unlimited
*                hard    memlock         unlimited
*                soft    stack           10240
*                hard    stack           10240

For some reason, my VM will not accept the nproc value keeping it at 1024
but otherwise, this at least works.

I'm sure we don't need unlimited for sigpending and memlock but don't know
the true requirement.

--
Thanks,

Gunnar