trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Gunnar Tapper <tapper.gun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Parallel Make Failures
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2016 01:27:38 GMT
I created a new VM and did a new git clone. As stated, include and lib are
not built for Thrift. Also, it seems to me that the qmake change might be
broken. See below.

[centos@trafbuild ~]$ cd incubator-trafodion/
[centos@trafbuild incubator-trafodion]$ source ./env.sh

    If you are ready to build Trafodion, perform one of the following

      make all         (Build Trafodion, DCS, and REST) OR
      make package     (Build Trafodion, DCS, REST, and Client drivers)  OR
      make package-all (Build Trafodion, DCS, REST, Client drivers, and
Tests)

    If Trafodion has been built and you want test:

       Execute the install_local_hadoop script which performs a single node
       install using a popular Hadoop distribution

          cd /home/centos/incubator-trafodion/core/sqf/sql/scripts
          install_local_hadoop [-p <port option>]
          install_traf_components
          configure Trafodion and start the processes
          HAVE FUN!

   You can also choose to install_local_hadoop before building Trafodion.

[centos@trafbuild incubator-trafodion]$ make all -j 1
Building all Trafodion components
cd core && make all
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/centos/incubator-trafodion/core'
./bldenvchk.sh;
*** Warning: QT_TOOLKIT does not point to an existing directory.
*** Warning: SQL Compiler Debugger will not be built.
*** Error: THRIFT_LIB_DIR directory not found:
//home/centos/trafodion-build-tools/thrift-0.9.0/lib
*** Error: THRIFT_INC_DIR directory not found:
//home/centos/trafodion-build-tools/thrift-0.9.0/include
make[1]: *** [sqroot] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/centos/incubator-trafodion/core'
make: *** [all] Error 2

[centos@trafbuild incubator-trafodion]$ echo $QT_TOOLKIT

[centos@trafbuild incubator-trafodion]$ ls
~/trafodion-build-tools/thrift-0.9.0/
bin

On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 3:16 PM, Steve Varnau <steve.varnau@esgyn.com> wrote:

> The traf_tools_setup.sh script has not changed in the in the last few days.
> I hope that the download location for thrift have not changed.  The only
> thing I can see that has been changing is the wiki instructions for setting
> up the environment.
>
> I see at least one thing wrong on wiki. For instance, it says that CentOS
> 6.7 won't work.  That is not correct. There was a mistaken impression that
> 6.7 has newer gcc. Not true.
>
> With the very latest code (as of this morning), the qt-devel and qt-config
> should no longer be needed.
>
> --Steve

GB