trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Owhadi <eric.owh...@esgyn.com>
Subject is there a file or a documentation describing alignFormat
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2016 21:20:26 GMT
Hi Trafodioneers,

I am looking at 2 potentially low hanguing fruit optimization with
alignFormat:

-          Provide some predicate pushdown support, when columns in
predicate are not nullable or not variable length or not added columns.

-          See if we can implement a customFilter to silence nullable
columns, variable length column, or added column that are not needed by the
scan node using the transformCell() step in customFilters…

For these, I need to understand the internal coding of alignFormat…

Would appreciate a pointer on documentation or source file that would
enlighten me on this…

Thanks,
Eric