trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Owhadi <eric.owh...@esgyn.com>
Subject RMIInterface.java and synchronized transactional functions?
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2016 16:46:47 GMT
Hi Trafodioneers,

I was investigating the code path to implement parallel scanner, when I
stumbled on RMIInterface.java.

In that file, you see different treatment for transactional vs non
transactional get, delete, delete list, put, put list, checkAndPut,
checkAndDelete  getScanner.

All transactional function are “synchronized”, while all non-transactional
are not.

Given the strong drawback of synchronization on concurrency, I am wondering
if these synchronization are not left over from debugging to make the log
more readable, or if there is a strong reason why we must have them.

Someone familiar with the code?

Thanks in advance for the help,
Eric