trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Amanda Moran <amanda.mo...@esgyn.com>
Subject Fwd: Media/Analyst Training available for Apache Committers + PMC Members at ApacheCon
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2016 13:17:27 GMT

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Sally Khudairi <sk@apache.org>
> Date: April 11, 2016 at 3:57:54 PM PDT
> To: Committers <committers@apache.org>
> Subject: Re: Media/Analyst Training available for Apache Committers + PMC Members at
ApacheCon

> Hello Apache Community + PMCs --a quick follow-up on this:
>
> 1) the Media/Analyst QuickStart on 11 May is FULLY BOOKED. There will be an opportunity
to have a small wait list in the event of last-minute cancellations; those interested should
contact me directly per the instructions below.

> 2) the training for Incubating projects on 10 May has a FEW spots left. Those of you
involved with podlings undergoing development, projects in the Apache Labs, or who are serving
as mentors for initiatives in the Apache Incubator, please let me know ASAP if you're interested
in participating so I can reserve a spot for you. Those involved with the Incubator PMC are
encouraged to forward this opportunity to all podlings.

> ** Note that both trainings are free of charge --there is no cost associated with your
participation.

> For those of you who have signed up: you should have received a confirmation message
from me regarding you being added to the list. If you haven't heard back from me, please let
me know as soon as possible so we can confirm a spot will be available for you. Further details
will be sent within the next week.

> Thanks again for your interest. See you in Vancouver!
>
> Warmly,
> Sally
>
> = = = = =
> vox +1 617 921 8656
> gvox +1 646 598 4616
> skype sallykhudairi

absence, I will be holding Media & Analyst Training again at ApacheCon [1].

> There will be two training sessions at Apache: Big Data and ApacheCon in Vancouver: 1)
introductory-level exclusively for projects in the Apache Incubator; and 2) quick-start/immersion
with advanced tactics for TLPs and established projects.

> Participants in both sessions benefit from working with an industry analyst as part of
their training. This is a great way to litmus-test your messaging and course-correct as needed.
I will also be holding "Office Hours" in the Media Lounge for those seeking additional assistance
or have specific challenges to address. PMCs may also book time with me to workshop with writing
or hone other communications skills.

> To register, please follow the instructions below. NOTE: these are hands-on training
sessions --class size is limited to ensure that everyone has a chance to speak and interact
with fellow participants.

> Due to the ASF's increased media presence, priority will be given to PMC members and
related project/ASF spokespeople. Several individuals have taken this training multiple times
over the years. I strongly recommend you sign up early, as space fills up very quickly.

> Here's what's on offer:
>

> 1) Tuesday 10 May 2016 - Apache: Big Data
>     Media/Analyst Training for Incubating Projects
>     9AM - 12Noon: Hyatt Regency Windsor Room - Convention Level/3rd Floor
>     + 3-4PM Office Hours: King George Media Lounge - Convention Level/3rd Floor

skills that resonate with editors and analysts and help generate positive coverage. Learn
how to craft, control, and bridge messages and gain confidence during the interviewing process.
Present your position clearly and become more persuasive to effectively target editors and
influence the analyst community. Hone your presentation techniques -- from public speaking
to analyst briefings -- through group coaching, individual interviews, and breakout practice
sessions. Takeaways include identifying common mistakes and tips on how to avoid them, press
do's and don'ts, analyst relationship management, developing thought campaigns, positioning
previews and launch tactics, and more. A must-attend for those interested in promoting their
Open Source project and becoming a resource for the media community at large. NOTE: Restricted
class size; limited to participants who are actively involved with projects in the Apache
Incubator and/or Apache Labs.

> 2) Wednesday 11 May 2016 - ApacheCon
>     Media/Analyst QuickStart + Immersion for TLPs and Established Projects
>     10AM - 1PM: Hyatt Regency Windsor Room - Convention Level/3rd Floor
>    + 1-2.30PM Office Hours: King George Media Lounge - Convention Level/3rd Floor

effective spokesperson and take control of the interviewing process. Handle sensitive topics,
aggressive interviews, and misquotes with gravitas and confidence. Present yourself credibly
in a variety of scenarios - press conferences, analyst briefings, communications crises, and
more. Class format includes group coaching, individual interviews, and breakout practice sessions.
Hands-on, tactical tips on improving your written media skills to mitigate the reality of
overworked reporters and make your efforts more credible to analysts and the community at
large. NOTE: Restricted class size; limited to participants who are actively involved with
TLPs and/or serve as mentors or spokespeople within the Apache community.

> TO SIGN UP: please email me directly at sk@apache.org with the following information
--

>  - Your Full Name
>  - Name(s) of Apache Project(s) you're involved with and your role (PMC member/committer/marketing
team, etc.)
>  - What is your comfort level with the English language (are you a beginner, intermediate,
or fluent speaker?)
>  - Have you taken media training before? If so, where/when?
>  - Do you have a specific issue that you would like to address in the class?
>
> Priority will be given to PMC members and/or project marketing teams.
>

> Thanks for your interest! I look forward to seeing you in Vancouver next month!
>
> Warmly,
> Sally
>
> + we _may_ have space available for observers -- if you're not planning to roll up sleeves
and work with the group, you may sign up, but I ask that you kindly state that you'd prefer
to be an "observer".

> = = =
>
> [1] http://apache.org/foundation/records/minutes/2016/board_minutes_2016_02_17.txt
>
> From the President's Report: "Sally has confirmed a return of her media/analyst trainings
at ApacheCon. I've already signed up for my much needed update and I recommend everyone who
is at all interest in such things to sign up when Sally announces them within the community..."