trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Birdsall <dave.birds...@esgyn.com>
Subject FW: Media/Analyst Training available for Apache Committers + PMC Members at ApacheCon
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2016 15:52:57 GMT
Do we have any Trafodion committers attending ApacheCon? These sessions
look like they will be useful.

*From:* Sally Khudairi [mailto:sk@apache.org]
*Sent:* Sunday, April 3, 2016 6:36 PM
*To:* Committers <committers@apache.org>
*Subject:* Media/Analyst Training available for Apache Committers + PMC
Members at ApacheCon

Hello Apache Committers and PMC Members (blindcopied) --I hope you are all
well.

Those of you who follow the monthly Board reports may have seen that, after
a few years' absence, I will be holding Media & Analyst Training again at
ApacheCon [1].

There will be two training sessions at Apache: Big Data and ApacheCon in
Vancouver: 1) introductory-level exclusively for projects in the Apache
Incubator; and 2) quick-start/immersion with advanced tactics for TLPs and
established projects.

Participants in both sessions benefit from working with an industry analyst
as part of their training. This is a great way to litmus-test your
messaging and course-correct as needed. I will also be holding "Office
Hours" in the Media Lounge for those seeking additional assistance or have
specific challenges to address. PMCs may also book time with me to workshop
with writing or hone other communications skills.

To register, please follow the instructions below. NOTE: these are hands-on
training sessions --class size is limited to ensure that everyone has a
chance to speak and interact with fellow participants.

Due to the ASF's increased media presence, priority will be given to PMC
members and related project/ASF spokespeople. Several individuals have
taken this training multiple times over the years. I strongly recommend you
sign up early, as space fills up very quickly.

Here's what's on offer:

*1) Tuesday 10 May 2016 - Apache: Big Data*

*    Media/Analyst Training for Incubating Projects*

*    9AM - 12Noon: Hyatt Regency Windsor Room - Convention Level/3rd Floor*

*    + 3-4PM Office Hours: King George Media Lounge - Convention Level/3rd
Floor*

communication skills that resonate with editors and analysts and help
generate positive coverage. Learn how to craft, control, and bridge
messages and gain confidence during the interviewing process. Present your
position clearly and become more persuasive to effectively target editors
and influence the analyst community. Hone your presentation techniques --
from public speaking to analyst briefings -- through group coaching,
individual interviews, and breakout practice sessions. Takeaways include
identifying common mistakes and tips on how to avoid them, press do's and
don'ts, analyst relationship management, developing thought campaigns,
positioning previews and launch tactics, and more. A must-attend for those
interested in promoting their Open Source project and becoming a resource
for the media community at large. NOTE: Restricted class size; limited to
participants who are actively involved with projects in the Apache
Incubator and/or Apache Labs.

*2) Wednesday 11 May 2016 - ApacheCon *

*    Media/Analyst QuickStart + Immersion for TLPs and Established Projects*

*    10AM - 1PM: Hyatt Regency Windsor Room - Convention Level/3rd Floor*

*   + 1-2.30PM Office Hours: King George Media Lounge - Convention
Level/3rd Floor*

become a more effective spokesperson and take control of the interviewing
process. Handle sensitive topics, aggressive interviews, and misquotes with
gravitas and confidence. Present yourself credibly in a variety of
scenarios - press conferences, analyst briefings, communications crises,
and more. Class format includes group coaching, individual interviews, and
breakout practice sessions. Hands-on, tactical tips on improving your
written media skills to mitigate the reality of overworked reporters and
make your efforts more credible to analysts and the community at large.

NOTE: Restricted class size; limited to participants who are actively
involved with TLPs and/or serve as mentors or spokespeople within the
Apache community.

*TO SIGN UP:* please email me directly at sk@apache.org with the following
information --

 - Your Full Name

 - Name(s) of Apache Project(s) you're involved with and your role (PMC
member/committer/marketing team, etc.)

 - What is your comfort level with the English language (are you a
beginner, intermediate, or fluent speaker?)

 - Have you taken media training before? If so, where/when?

 - Do you have a specific issue that you would like to address in the class?

Priority will be given to PMC members and/or project marketing teams.

Thanks for your interest! I look forward to seeing you in Vancouver next
month!

Warmly,
Sally

+ we _may_ have space available for observers -- if you're not planning to
roll up sleeves and work with the group, you may sign up, but I ask that
you kindly state that you'd prefer to be an "observer".

= = =

[1]
http://apache.org/foundation/records/minutes/2016/board_minutes_2016_02_17.txt

>From the President's Report: "Sally has confirmed a return of her
media/analyst trainings at ApacheCon. I've already signed up for my much
needed update and I recommend everyone who is at all interest in such
things to sign up when Sally announces them within the community..."

# # #