trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Broeder <sean.broe...@esgyn.com>
Subject RE: debugging tricks?
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2016 17:10:33 GMT
Hi Eric,
Have you looked at the mon*.log files?  The monitor may redirect stdout for
various processes.

Regards,
Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Owhadi [mailto:eric.owhadi@esgyn.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2016 9:47 AM
To: dev@trafodion.incubator.apache.org
Subject: debugging tricks?

Hi Trafodionners,

I see in the code some debugging statement logging stuff in stderr.

Like

fprintf(stderr,

                  "  Attr(%d): dataType: %d nullable: %d variable: %d "

                  "offset: %d voaOff: %d align: %d\n",

                  k, attr->getDatatype(), attr->getNullFlag(),

                  (attr->getVCIndicatorLength() > 0 ? 1 : 0),
attr->getOffset(),

                  attr->getVoaOffset(), attr->getDataAlignmentSize());

However, I tried to sqlci 2> err.out

No success.

I tried to run it with debugger in Eclipse (internally using gdb), and
usually when I debug java programs this way, stderr is redirected to the
Console view in eclipse. But not with this.

So question, how do I redirect or view stderr when debugging trafodion cpp
code?

Eric