trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Selva Govindarajan <selva.govindara...@esgyn.com>
Subject RE: Trafodion master Daily Test Result - 167 - Still Failing - Change in sqenvcom.sh
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2016 22:21:06 GMT
 RE: Trafodion master Daily Test Result - 167 - Still Failing - Change in
sqenvcom.sh

I added the line in red to sqenvcom.sh and removed ms.env and regenerated
ms.env.

    347   # directories with jar files and list of jar files

    348   # (could try to reduce the number of jars in the classpath)

    349   export HADOOP_JAR_DIRS="/usr/lib/hadoop

    350                           /usr/lib/hadoop/lib

    351                           /usr/lib/hadoop-0.20-mapreduce"

This makes hive to work from Trafodion. But, I am not sure if the Jenkins
installation is done differently from other CDH installation. Also, I am not
sure if it is ok to change sqenvcom.sh this way. If so, we can make this
change as a short term solution. So, please provide your feedback on this.

However, as a long term solution I feel sqenvcom.sh is becoming quite
complex. There is a need to simplify it. One of the suggestion would be to
generate sqenvcom.sh based on the distro rather than making sqenvcom.sh to
cater to different distros. Even if we don’t generate the file fully, we
should consider generating  CLASSPATH for different distro and source in to
sqenvcom.sh only the generated installed distro CLASSPATH.

To generate the CLASSPATH, Narendra said we can do the following

hadoop classpath

hbase classpath

And expand all the * in the resulting class path to include all the jar
files in the path (We don’t expand *, the jar files are not seen from
JNI).  This would make it better to cater to installation specific
classpath changes too.

Selva