trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Carol Pearson <carol.pearson...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Time to graduate
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2016 19:24:06 GMT
Hi St.Ack,

You're welcome - I love playing with data.  I interpret those numbers the
same way - we need to focus on diversity and traffic levels (and do another
release beyond 2.0).

Our user list activity has jumped thanks to those efforts and that's a good
thing - having activity there makes new users feel more comfortable asking
questions than if there was no activity.

Trafodion folks talked to a number of people at the developer showcase at
Strata where we had a demo of Trafodion interacting with Zeppelin and with
Kafka - we'll see what comes of that. We need to do more outreach,
including things like visibility at meetups and such.

And probably more of something that I've been bad, which is mentioning
Trafodion on on other Apache lists, contributing there, etc. A bit of
cross-pollination to generate energy?

I'm working on a few basic how-to videos now that Strata is done to try to
make it easier to get involved in the Trafodion community. And now that
Strata is done, I'd also like to set up a monthly "meet up with us here"
online session.   But really, truly, you can't join a community you don't
know exists, so it's the outreach component that's most critical.

Do you (or anyone else) have other suggestions for what's worked in the
past or that the Trafodion community could try?

Thanks!
-Carol P.

Email:    carol.pearson234@gmail.com
Twitter:  @CarolP222