trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Carol Pearson <carol.pearson...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Time to graduate
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2016 07:14:48 GMT
Hi Gunnnar,

Depends on how easy folks decide it is to build and install and test
Trafodion.  That's been a problem in the past - no one in the IPMC has been
able to do that...

And recall that the community maturity model assessment is a proposal and
doesn't carry the weight of law (though it's very useful and others pay
attention to it as well - we should bee working on the various points
there).  There was a discussion on this last October in the apache-general
list. [1], particularly answers like [2].  It's probably been discussed
other times as well.

That said, I agree that a trend toward more diversity in contributors and
then committers is a good thing and we need to focus on it.  2.0 will be a
help there if it makes building/installing/using Trafodion more friendly,
what with all the changes and documentation and all..

-Carol P.

[1]
https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201510.mbox/%3CCAEWfVJkAB_Aa+=J-HWqoaOVT3XVj=WXGh-6kvcnjhYfrFxMWXw@mail.gmail.com%3E

[2]
https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201510.mbox/%3CCAB63Y-fTzxpw7PN4ESS2X08OpApiYMXku39S2UE9SzY7bZKMBQ@mail.gmail.com%3E

Is there a way to get shorter URLs from the archives?  Other than a URL
shortener, that is.....

Email:    carol.pearson234@gmail.com
Twitter:  @CarolP222