trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Varnau <steve.var...@esgyn.com>
Subject [VOTE] Apache Trafodion release 2.0.0 ready for release - release candidate 1
Date Fri, 06 May 2016 17:33:32 GMT
Trafodion Community,

This is a call to vote on release 2.0.0 of Apache Trafodion (incubating).
Once the community approves a release candidate, a similar vote will be
taken in the Apache Incubator community.

This is a major release which now requires HBase 1.0.

As previous release, Trafodion 2.0 works with JDK 1.7 or 1.8, and
RedHat/Centos 6.x. (Does not work on RH7 as yet.)

Thanks to all the contributors! Lots of improvements in this release.

The JIRA release notes:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12318620&version=12333044

If things are missing from that list, please be sure that all your 2.0
JIRAs are properly closed.

The tag for this candidate is “2.0.0rc1A”. Git repository: git://
git.apache.org/incubator-trafodion.git

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-trafodion.git;a=tag;h=3443b8b7a1b210b52fddbbd90e8deeb68983ceda

Release artifacts are:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/trafodion/trafodion-2.0.0-RC1/

Artifacts are signed with my key (7F14AF20), which is in
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/trafodion/KEYS

This is the first release we are including convenience binaries built from
the source code artifact.

Instructions for

Setting up build environment:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TRAFODION/Create+Build+Environment

 Building:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TRAFODION/Build+Source

[ ] +1 approve

[ ] +0 no opinion

[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Vote will be open for at least 72 hours, unless cancelled.

--Steve