trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Sandhya Sundaresan <sandhya.sundare...@esgyn.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Apache Trafodion release 2.0.0 - release candidate 3
Date Thu, 26 May 2016 17:11:35 GMT
Hi Stack,
   After you source in env.sh , can you change your current directory to
$MY_SQROOT and reattempt the RAT command ?
I found the RAT tool to be a bit finicky about the relative directory paths.
We should also add that running RAT on a workspace that  you have done a
build in will make the RAT tool choke on some of the binaries.
Thanks
Sandhya

-----Original Message-----
From: saint.ack@gmail.com [mailto:saint.ack@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Stack
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2016 9:48 AM
To: dev@trafodion.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Apache Trafodion release 2.0.0 - release candidate 3

(Apologize for taking so long responding to this vote)

First, thanks for that RAT_README and now for the dumb question:

I sourced env.sh and then

$ java -jar ~/bin/apache-rat-0.11/apache-rat-0.11.jar  -E
$MY_SQROOT/../../.rat-excludes -d $MY_SQROOT/../..
Exception in thread "main" java.io.FileNotFoundException: File
'/../../.rat-excludes' does not exist
        at
org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.openInputStream(FileUtils.java:254)
        at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.readLines(FileUtils.java:1695)
        at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.readLines(FileUtils.java:1712)
        at org.apache.rat.Report.main(Report.java:96)

... so I did this:

$ java -jar ~/bin/apache-rat-0.11/apache-rat-0.11.jar  -E ./.rat-excludes -d
$MY_SQROOT/../..

... and got below. Anyone else see this? I'm doing something wrong?

St.

Exception in thread "main" org.apache.rat.api.RatException: Cannot analyse
header
        at
org.apache.rat.report.claim.util.ClaimReporterMultiplexer.report(ClaimReporterMultiplexer.java:44)
        at
org.apache.rat.walker.DirectoryWalker.report(DirectoryWalker.java:147)
        at
org.apache.rat.walker.DirectoryWalker.processNonDirectories(DirectoryWalker.java:131)
        at
org.apache.rat.walker.DirectoryWalker.process(DirectoryWalker.java:98)
        at
org.apache.rat.walker.DirectoryWalker.processDirectory(DirectoryWalker.java:71)
        at
org.apache.rat.walker.DirectoryWalker.processDirectories(DirectoryWalker.java:114)
        at
org.apache.rat.walker.DirectoryWalker.process(DirectoryWalker.java:99)
        at
org.apache.rat.walker.DirectoryWalker.run(DirectoryWalker.java:83)
        at org.apache.rat.Report.report(Report.java:418)
        at org.apache.rat.Report.report(Report.java:394)
        at org.apache.rat.Report.report(Report.java:366)
        at org.apache.rat.Report.styleReport(Report.java:346)
        at org.apache.rat.Report.main(Report.java:109)
Caused by: org.apache.rat.document.RatDocumentAnalysisException: Cannot
analyse header
        at
org.apache.rat.analysis.DocumentHeaderAnalyser.analyse(DocumentHeaderAnalyser.java:47)
        at
org.apache.rat.analysis.DefaultAnalyserFactory$DefaultAnalyser.analyse(DefaultAnalyserFactory.java:60)
        at
org.apache.rat.document.impl.util.DocumentAnalyserMultiplexer.analyse(DocumentAnalyserMultiplexer.java:36)
        at
org.apache.rat.report.claim.util.ClaimReporterMultiplexer.report(ClaimReporterMultiplexer.java:42)
        ... 12 more
Caused by: org.apache.rat.analysis.RatHeaderAnalysisException: Cannot read
header for FileDocument ( file = /../../dev/autofs name = /../../dev/autofs
metaData = org.apache.rat.api.MetaData@5e265ba4  )
        at
org.apache.rat.analysis.HeaderCheckWorker.read(HeaderCheckWorker.java:95)
        at
org.apache.rat.analysis.DocumentHeaderAnalyser.analyse(DocumentHeaderAnalyser.java:43)
        ... 15 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Invalid argument
        at java.io.FileInputStream.readBytes(Native Method)
        at java.io.FileInputStream.read(FileInputStream.java:255)
        at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.readBytes(StreamDecoder.java:284)
        at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.implRead(StreamDecoder.java:326)
        at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.read(StreamDecoder.java:178)
        at java.io.InputStreamReader.read(InputStreamReader.java:184)
        at java.io.BufferedReader.fill(BufferedReader.java:161)
        at java.io.BufferedReader.readLine(BufferedReader.java:324)
        at java.io.BufferedReader.readLine(BufferedReader.java:389)
        at
org.apache.rat.analysis.HeaderCheckWorker.readLine(HeaderCheckWorker.java:108)
        at
org.apache.rat.analysis.HeaderCheckWorker.read(HeaderCheckWorker.java:84)
        ... 16 more
ERROR:  'Pipe broken'
ERROR:  'com.sun.org.apache.xml.internal.utils.WrappedRuntimeException:
Pipe broken'
Exception in thread "Thread-0" org.apache.rat.ReportFailedRuntimeException:
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
com.sun.org.apache.xml.internal.utils.WrappedRuntimeException: Pipe broken
        at org.apache.rat.ReportTransformer.run(ReportTransformer.java:59)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
com.sun.org.apache.xml.internal.utils.WrappedRuntimeException: Pipe broken
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TransformerImpl.transform(TransformerImpl.java:749)
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TransformerImpl.transform(TransformerImpl.java:351)
        at
org.apache.rat.ReportTransformer.transform(ReportTransformer.java:64)
        at org.apache.rat.ReportTransformer.run(ReportTransformer.java:57)
        ... 1 more
Caused by: javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
com.sun.org.apache.xml.internal.utils.WrappedRuntimeException: Pipe broken
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TransformerImpl.getDOM(TransformerImpl.java:578)
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TransformerImpl.transform(TransformerImpl.java:739)
        ... 4 more
Caused by: com.sun.org.apache.xml.internal.utils.WrappedRuntimeException:
Pipe broken
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.dom.XSLTCDTMManager.getDTM(XSLTCDTMManager.java:427)
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.dom.XSLTCDTMManager.getDTM(XSLTCDTMManager.java:215)
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TransformerImpl.getDOM(TransformerImpl.java:556)