trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From "Liu, Ming (Ming)" <ming....@esgyn.cn>
Subject TMUDF questions, jar dependencies
Date Sun, 01 May 2016 11:00:03 GMT
Hi, all,

I was trying to write a sample TMUDF, which is using java. The UDF java code invoke some functions
provided by other jars. At runtime, I got 'classNotFound' issue. The function required by
the sample needs many depended jars, I still cannot find a way to correct put them in a single
jar. I am not good at java. If that is required, can anyone kindly give me some real examples?
I searched for many days 'how to put multiple jar into one jar' but cannot find a real useful
guide yet.

And what is a typical way to use TMUDF which has some jar dependencies?

I think in the Kafka UDF example, https://github.com/esgyn/code-examples ,one should add jars
for Kafka as well, how did you do that?

Thanks,
Ming