trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Roberta Marton <roberta.mar...@esgyn.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Apache Trafodion release 2.0.0 - release candidate 3
Date Fri, 20 May 2016 00:54:13 GMT
One of the features for this release is using a Vanilla Apache release.  Has
anyone tested the artifacts with a vanilla release?  Should test building
from source and running from binaries.

     Roberta

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Varnau [mailto:steve.varnau@esgyn.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2016 12:12 PM
To: dev@trafodion.incubator.apache.org
Subject: [VOTE] Apache Trafodion release 2.0.0 - release candidate 3

This is a call to vote on release 2.0.0 of Apache Trafodion (incubating).
Once the community approves a release candidate, a similar vote will be
taken in the Apache Incubator community.

Changes since RC2:
  [TRAFODION-1992] Re-packaging server tar file broke
install_traf_components
  [TRAFODION-1993] Expand DCS and REST directories
  [TRAFODION-1997] Prevent Cloudera install on 5.5/6

In addition, it is clarified that 2.0.0 is compatible with these
Hadoop/HBase distros (others may be added in next patch or minor release).
* Apache Hadoop with HBase 1.0
* Cloudera 5.4
* Hortonworks 2.3

As previous release, Trafodion 2.0 works with JDK 1.7 or 1.8, and
RedHat/Centos 6.x. (Does not work on RH7 as yet.)

Thanks to all the contributors! Lots of improvements in this release.
The JIRA release notes:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12318620&
version=12333044
If things are missing from that list, please be sure that all your 2.0 JIRAs
are properly closed.

The tag for this candidate is "2.0.0rc3". Git repository:
git://git.apache.org/incubator-trafodion.git
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-trafodion.git;a=tag;h=
1a8942ceeee91e58212968d94478db18005568f4

Release artifacts are:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/trafodion/trafodion-2.0.0
-RC3
Artifacts are signed with my key (7F14AF20), which is in
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/trafodion/KEYS
This is the first release we are including convenience binaries built from
the source code artifact.

Instructions for
Setting up build environment:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TRAFODION/Create+Build+Environ
ment
 Building:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TRAFODION/Build+Source

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Vote will be open for at least 72 hours, unless cancelled.

--Steve