trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Roberta Marton <roberta.mar...@esgyn.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Apache Trafodion release 2.0.0 - release candidate 3
Date Wed, 25 May 2016 18:34:55 GMT
+0

Since we have a little more time, I ran tests using Vanilla Apache on a
single node system using:

  Hadoop 2.6.0
  HBase 1.0.2
  Zookeeper 3.4.6

I was able to install Vanilla Hadoop, download and build Trafodion.
I encountered the following issues when running trafodion_install using
executables built with the 2.0.0 src tar:

==> Error - chmod failed, the INSTALL_LOG showed:

***INFO: copying hbase-trx-apache*.jar to all nodes
chmod: cannot access `/hbase-trx-apache*.jar': No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access `/trafodion-utility-*.jar': No such file or directory

There is an error in the traf_apache_mods script

==> Error: "JAVA_HOME is not set":

I ran HBase, Hadoop, Zookeeper, and Trafodion as the same ID.  Several of
the install steps failed doing ssh commands as the HDFS and ZOOKEEPER users.
This problem was resolved by adding manully changing the traf_apache_mods
script by adding a "--login" in the ssh commands.

==> Error: initializing trafodion:

*** ERROR[1398] Error -99999 occured while accessing the hbase subsystem.
Fix that error and make sure hbase is up and running. Error Details: .

This happened because I did not add Trafodion co-processor information to
the hbase-site.xml file before running trafodion_install.
The installation did report:

***IMPORTANT***********************************************************************

***INFO: Settings below need to be set for Trafodion to work on Apache
Hadoop/HBase
***INFO: In hdfs-site.xml set dfs.namenode.acls.enabled to true.
***INFO: In zoo.cfg set maxClientCnxns to 0
***INFO: Create /opt/apache/zookeeper-3.4.6/conf/zookeeeper-env.sh and set
JAVA_HOME
***INFO: In hbase-site.xml set hbase.coprocessor.region.classes to
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.coprocessor.transactional.TrxRegionObserver,
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.coprocessor.transactional.TrxRegionEndpoint,
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.coprocessor.AggregateImplementation
***INFO: In hbase-site.xml set hbase.hregion.impl to
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.transactional.TransactionalRegion

***IMPORTANT***********************************************************************

However, it kept going.  Probably should have failed if START Trafodion
option is specified. I also noticed that traf_apache_mods stops and restarts
HBase.  If there are no changes made to any of the configuration files, then
this step is not needed.

==> Error:  ssh access check failed in traf_config_setup

In this case, I know ssh access worked, so just commented out the error
check.  Other ssh checks later did pass.  I did not investigate the cause.

We also need to update documentation on this especially, if we want customer
to manually update the hbase-site.xml file.

   Roberta