trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Selva Govindarajan <selva.govindara...@esgyn.com>
Subject RE: Squash commits -
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2016 20:53:21 GMT
 RE: Squash commits -

I have attempted -squash earlier. But, didn't note down its implication
earlier. I tried again as follows with recent merge successfully with
squash option. You can omit the -m option too.  The author name is retained
by using reuse-message option of commit. I used the first push commit
message from the PR here.

The push failed. I should have done git rebase -i. instead of git pull. I
will try this when I have the chance to do it next time.

Git log looks cleaner just contains the what got merged.

[centos@gselva-apache-ins incubator-trafodion*]$ git fetch origin
+refs/pull/593/head*

>From https://github.com/apache/incubator-trafodion

 * branch            refs/pull/593/head -> FETCH_HEAD

[

[centos@gselva-apache-ins incubator-trafodion]$* git merge --squash** -m
"Merge [TRAFODION-2109] PR 593 Load with log error rows returns SQL error
2034 at times"** FETCH_HEAD*

Auto-merging core/sql/bin/SqlciErrors.txt

Squash commit -- not updating HEAD

Automatic merge went well; stopped before committing as requested

[centos@gselva-apache-ins incubator-trafodion]$* git commit --reuse-message
37f7789877d7991c73e8d202735d399ab93d8fac*

[mrg_593_2 a83287b] [TRAFODION-2109] Load with log error rows returns SQL
error 2034 at times