trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Birdsall <dave.birds...@esgyn.com>
Subject RE: Chinese Contributor Access
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2016 15:19:47 GMT
Hi,

The two don't conflict.

The source for documents can be in directories that mirror the English ones.
Which is a good idea because it will be easier to keep them in synch.

Links on the web pages and in documents on the other hand can go
transparently across Chinese directories. So to an end-user, it is just as
you describe: Click on the Chinese link on the main web page, then travel to
a collection of Chinese pages. Similarly for the documents.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Liu, Yu (Yu) [mailto:yu.liu@esgyn.cn]
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2016 3:01 AM
To: tapper.gunnar@gmail.com; dev@trafodion.incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: Chinese Contributor Access

Hi Gunnar,

Appreciate you taking time to provide your details! I will do more research
on them.

One question: Why add Chinese directory that corresponds with the English
version rather than create a specific section/place?

In the latter situation, Chinese (large number of users) could locate their
desired information with fastest and fewest clicks, the user experience &
user usability will be improved significantly, consequently it will
contribute to the promotion of Apache Trafodion website as well.

Thanks!
Liu Yu