trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Sandhya Sundaresan <sandhya.sundare...@esgyn.com>
Subject RE: Proposal to add hive regression tests to check-PR tests
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2016 15:46:56 GMT
+0 for me.
 I am not sure of the need to add the whole test suite  to check tests.
The hive regressions do run nightly anyway so failures should be clear on
each nightly run on a daily basis.
My concern is that long running tests like hive/TEST018   are more to test
features like bulkload/unload and since we already have the option to run
"extra tests" in Jenkins, I'm not sure bringing in entire test suites  into
check tests is the right approach or trend going forward and  adding time
and resources to what is supposed to be a sanity test for every single  PR.

Sandhya

-----Original Message-----
From: Selva Govindarajan [mailto:selva.govindarajan@esgyn.com]
Sent: Monday, July 18, 2016 7:22 AM
To: dev@trafodion.incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: Proposal to add hive regression tests to check-PR tests

Hive regressions takes little less than an hour. As I said before, the time
is not a factor because the regressions are run in parallel in different
VMs. Seabase regressions which is run as part of check-PR takes around 1
hour and 40 mins. Hence hive regressions shouldn't add more time for
check-PR to complete, but of course it would need another VM.

Selva