trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Birdsall <dave.birds...@esgyn.com>
Subject RE: Proposal - Outline testing in Jira or Pull Request?
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2016 16:59:43 GMT
+1

Though I suspect in some areas (particularly in the SQL engine) the answers
tend to be much more uniform: unit test + at least some regression test on a
fairly uniform workstation environment. (Performance changes are sometimes
tested on clusters as well.)

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Carol Pearson [mailto:carol.pearson234@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2016 9:53 AM
To: dev@trafodion.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Proposal - Outline testing in Jira or Pull Request?

Hi,

It would be very helpful if we could track the environments and cases used
to test changes in a particular Jira.  Not a gory detail list of 20 test
cases and their output, but short and sweet:

- Tested positive path
- Tested when regionserver is down
- Tested with bad arguments for CREATE TABLE
- All testing on CDH 5.4.5/Centos 6.x

or whatever is applicable. This would be a big help for evaluating pull
requests.

Plus if your change might behave differently on on different circumstances
(different distros or in conjunction with other changes), this can help
guide debugging. - guiding "Has this been tried before?" kinds of questions.

Thoughts?
-Carol P.
Email:    carol.pearson234@gmail.com
Twitter:  @CarolP222