trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Varnau <steve.var...@esgyn.com>
Subject RE: Merging to Trafodion master - A tip
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2016 16:56:19 GMT
Yes, squashing a PR into a single commit does give a better indication of
what all files were modified in a change-set.  Some projects do that as a
regular practice.  It does, however, break from the history with the
original commits, so committers using squash need to take extra care to put
good information into the commit message about the original author and edit
the original commit messages' content.

--Steve