trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Gunnar Tapper <tapper.gun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Chinese Contributor Access
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2016 03:26:12 GMT
Hi,

It's definitely a good idea to add a set of Chinese-language pages and user
guides. Most of the documentation and web pages are located under the docs/
directory. I propose that we keep this simple: simply add a [document]_cn
directory that corresponds with the English version. For example,
docs/sql_reference and docs/sql_reference_cn. The documents are written in
asciidoctor so I think we'll be OK there. The current PDF tool will not do
good so we'll probably need to change to asciidoctor-fopub. See
http://programfan.github.io/contents/2015/04/20/convert-chinese-asciidoc-to-pdf/

The website uses markdown. From what I can see, this should work. There's
even a guide: http://markdown.tw/ Here, I propose that the differnet web
pages are complimented with a _cn counterpart. See src/site/markdown/. We
may have to do some css work, which I view as a good thing since the
current css definitions are really hacks.

I hope this helps,

Gunnar

--
Thanks,