trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Gunnar Tapper <tapper.gun...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Documentation Versioning
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2016 22:08:51 GMT
Hi,

I noticed that Steve 2.0.x header for the documentation. I think this is
preferable.

However, I know that we want to move to a model where the documentation
update is part of the release rather than done against the master post
release.

The current scheme is that we place documentation in a latest directory as
well as a versioned directory. This means that you have to; for example,
build 2.0.x documents setting $TRAFODION_VER to "2.0.0" to ensure that the
documents are placed on the correct versioned directory. The result will be
that the version-dependent documents are placed in
http://trafodion.apache.org/docs/2.0.0/*.

Moving forward, I think it'd be better if we create a $DOCS_VER or
something like that to allow for dot releases without having to create dot
releases of the documentation.

Thoughts?

--
Thanks,