trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre Smits <pierre.sm...@gmail.com>
Subject Working towards graduation
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2016 07:40:02 GMT
Hi all,

With 2 releases out since the start under the flag of ASF Incubation, we
are on the right track building our experience regarding release management
in relation to compliance to the ASF rules and guidelines.

I suggest we now - while not forgetting to work on improving our code base
for future releases - start working on the community aspect of the project.
According to
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TRAFODION/Contributors (per
27-07-2016) we have a healthy number of contributors.

Yet diversity is a bit low. The subset of contributors with the PPMC flags
shows following affiliation:

   - Esgyn: 9 contributors
   - Hewlett Packard: 3 contributors

We need to work on getting more diversity in that subset. Otherwise - I
feel - the IPMC will have issues with our graduation.

Any ideas how to achieve that diversity?

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
OFBiz based solutions & services