trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre Smits <pierre.sm...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSSION] What are we going to do with the R14.x and r15.x?
Date Sun, 10 Jul 2016 08:47:39 GMT
Hi all,

Sharan promised the greater community in the '[*[DISCUSSION]* *Anticipate*
 the *end* of *life* of the *13.07* branch and backport some non-bug
related changes to the 14.12 and 15.12 branches
<http://markmail.org/message/nqo5xacngpspytvf>' starting via
http://ofbiz.markmail.org/message/nqo5xacngpspytvf ) that the discussion
would continue in the dev ml.

As I haven't seen her start that discussion, I will:

Given that Sharan made clear that external libraries as per ASF guidelines
and rulings, we need to decide what to do with the r14.x and the r15.x
branches, as these hold all the external libraries required to build, test
and/or run a copy from that branch in a separate environment.

So the questions are:

   - are we going to delete the external libraries from the branches, or
   - are we going to delete the entire branches?

I believe we should have this addressed in order to provide the greater
community with a clear answer as what to expect regarding future adoptions
and/or upgrades.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>