trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From RuoYu Zuo <joshuamur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FYI - Trafodion check tests are failing
Date Sat, 09 Jul 2016 05:59:49 GMT
The Trafodion native ODBC DM has been keeping delivered for years, since
neoview time as I know. I'm not quite clear about why we are delivering it.
But back to the close source time, the DM provides it's own sql
headers(sql.h, sqlext.h, sqlucode.h, sqltypes.h), and some specific
implementation of some particular properties for APIs like SQLGetInfo, etc.
And also it provides it's own UNICODE interfaces, perhaps it's because then
using UNICODE/MBCS with unixODBC needs to make custom build from source
code. Or maybe there were some copyright issues then. All these cannot be
sure now, since there was a cleanup work when it went open source, I was
not involved in that work. And I have no idea why it's not sunset
completely and perminentaly then either. Maybe Arvind or someone else who's
already stopped working on this project knows exactly...

——
Life’s a journey not a destination, don’t just tell what tomorrow brings.