trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Hans Zeller <hans.zel...@esgyn.com>
Subject Re: Working towards graduation
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2016 15:32:40 GMT
Hi Pierre, thank you for bringing this up. I agree that we need to consider
new things to do to increase our diversity. You are familiar with the
Apache community, do you have any observations or suggestions?

When I look at the just-graduated Apache Kudu, I see that it also lacks
diversity, but that it is better connected to other Apache projects. Many
of the Kudu committers are also committers for Hadoop, HBase and other
projects. Maybe we should try to be more active elsewhere, for example in
HBase?

Another direction is to expand the user community and to get users to
contribute, even if it's only in small ways.

A third one could be to be more active at conferences and events,
especially those organized by ASF or other open source organizations.

Thanks again,

Hans