trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Hans Zeller <hans.zel...@esgyn.com>
Subject Re: add a roadmap page in Trafodion's project page
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2016 17:03:19 GMT
+1, and with it we probably need to have an idea on how to populate the
roadmap page.

I could imagine a page with three sections, something along the lines of
Kafka
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Future+release+plan> or
Hive <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Roadmap>.

   1. Features/bug fixes of the next release. This list would be maintained
   by the current Release Manager.
   2. Features/bug fixes beyond the current release that are in progress
   and that have an assigned owner (or owners).
   3. Features/bug fixes that are unassigned but that we would like to get
   done.

Sections 2 and 3 could be a community effort. I would suggest putting this
into the wiki, to allow the community to edit it - I hope we won't need a
more formal process.

In a way, of course, the roadmap already exists, in JIRA: Here is a list of
open requests for new Trafodion features
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20Trafodion%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20Type%20%3D%20%22New%20Feature%22%20ORDER%20BY%20updatedDate%20DESC>
and
a list of open improvements
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20Trafodion%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20type%20%3D%20Improvement>.
The roadmap page would have a subset of those and maybe also some important
bug fixes?

Thanks,

Hans