trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Birdsall <dave.birds...@esgyn.com>
Subject RE: Merging to Trafodion master - A tip
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2016 15:40:49 GMT
Could someone add this information to the Trafodion Contributor Guide?

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TRAFODION/Development+Workflow

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Varnau [mailto:steve.varnau@esgyn.com]
Sent: Friday, July 8, 2016 9:56 AM
To: dev@trafodion.incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: Merging to Trafodion master - A tip

Yes, squashing a PR into a single commit does give a better indication of
what all files were modified in a change-set.  Some projects do that as a
regular practice.  It does, however, break from the history with the
original commits, so committers using squash need to take extra care to put
good information into the commit message about the original author and edit
the original commit messages' content.

--Steve