trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Hans Zeller <hans.zel...@esgyn.com>
Subject RE: Podling Report for December 2016 - first draft
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2016 22:03:48 GMT
Hi,

Here is a first draft of our quarterly report. Could you please take a look and let me know
of errors or omissions?

Did anyone give a talk on Trafodion during the last 3 months that we could list?

Trafodion

Trafodion is a webscale SQL-on-Hadoop solution enabling transactional or

operational workloads on Hadoop.

Trafodion has been incubating since 2015-05-24.

  1. Develop community and bring in more diverse contributors.

  2. Continue the momentum and become more integrated with the

     rest of the Apache community.

  3. Continue to create software releases.

aware of?

  * None

  * Participation in public lists has been relatively steady:

    715 messages in the codereview forum, 728@commits,

    257@dev, 1155@issues and 61@user.

  * We are working towards our next release, 2.1.

  * Gunnar Tapper has volunteered to be the Release Manager.

  * Identified items for the roadmap of our next release:

     - TRAFODION-2001 Trafodion Elasticity enhancements

     - TRAFODION-2067 Support CDH 5.7

     - TRAFODION-1988 Better java exception handling in the

                      java layer of Trafodion

     - TRAFODION-2117 Add support of SQL extension 'EXCEPT'

     - TRAFODION-2060 Add support for native tinyint datatype

     - TRAFODION-1931 ODB tool support on Windows platform

     - TRAFODION-1861 Support Trafodion running on CentOS 7

     - TRAFODION-1673 Implement the WITH clause in Trafodion

                      SQL for simple use cases

     - TRAFODION-2047 add SQL syntax support to INTERSECT

     - TRAFODION-2127 enhance Trafodion implementation of

                      WITH clause

  * The community continues to be active in China, with

    some communications happening outside the Apache dev lists,

    we had a discussion on the Incubator general list about that.

  * 253 commits from 27 contributors.

  * 182 JIRAs filed and 113 resolved Sep 1 - Nov 30.

  * Many of the roadmap items listed above have been

    Implemented, plus many more enhancements not listed

    above.

Date of last release:

  2016-07-07 2.0.1

When were the last committers or PMC members elected?

  in August

Thanks,

Hans