trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Gunnar Tapper <tapper.gun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] what to do if we are using PostgreSQL code in Trafodion
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2016 19:27:17 GMT
I think the trickiest part of this issue is whether to add the Apache
license when forking and modifying code. From what I understand, you do so
if you've made significant changes only.

"Significant" is a soft term and there's no "if you changed X % of the
code, then you need to add the ASL."

I recommend that the pull request highlights that the code has been forked
for someone else and that an assessment whether to add the Apache License
is needed.

I'll add this guidance to the contributor guide once we've nailed it down.

Gunnar

--
Thanks,

Gunnar