trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Carol Pearson <carol.pearson...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RE: Encourage Community
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2016 19:51:36 GMT
Hi,

+1 to Qifan's comments, and we should extend them further.  I believe we
should invite people who speak other languages to join in and even become
experts who can read and reply in other languages as well. Translation
software is getting better and better, so there's no reason Trafodion
community activities (be they questions or usage or even more advanced
contributions like Jiras and code and UDFs) should be restricted solely to
people who are can communicate in English.

Maybe wording like:

The Trafodion Community is International!

The Trafodion Community welcomes your questions and comments in any
language you feel comfortable using.  You can send an email to
user@trafodion.incubator.apache.org using your preferred language.  Most
likely, Trafodion community members will use language translation software
to convert your question to languages they understand, and then reply in
their own most comfortable language.  You can use translation software to
convert their reply back to your own language, and continue the discussion.

The Trafodion community includes many people who speak Chinese, and people
who are fluent or native speakers of other languages as well. And we
welcome people who want to get involved by becoming facilitators for
Trafodion in other areas too!

-Carol P.

Email:    carol.pearson234@gmail.com
Twitter:  @CarolP222