trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From "Liu, Ming (Ming)" <ming....@esgyn.cn>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Check license issues before implementation
Date Sun, 20 Nov 2016 12:26:22 GMT
Hi, Gunnar,

Yes, I just realize this is very important. We will follow this rule.

thanks,
Ming

-----Original Message-----
From: Gunnar Tapper [mailto:tapper.gunnar@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, November 20, 2016 11:52 AM
To: dev@trafodion.incubator.apache.org
Subject: [DISCUSS] Check license issues before implementation

Hi,

We're seeing several new functions that may or may not have license issues.

Would it be a good idea to start a [DISCUSS] thread on such code before
implementing it? It seems to me that it's late in the cycle to have the
discussions as part of a pull request.

I see the following triggers:

1. Forked/ported code in general.
2. Code that's not already using Apache License.
3. Any security-related code.

Thoughts?

--
Thanks,